I live in Berkeley, and sometimes attend rationalist / EA events in that area.
See also my profile on OkCupid (the only online dating site that I consider somewhat well designed).
- I often hike with the SF Hiking Club and INCH.
I used to hike with the Wildcat Adventure Club, The San Jose Hiking Meetup Group, the Super Fabulicious Hiking and Outdoor Adventure Group, the SOC and the Native Plant Society.
I often go off hiking on my own (usually avoiding the beaten path, sometimes avoiding trails altogether). See my list of favorite hikes.
- During the rainy season, I get obsessed with finding more waterfalls.
- I sometime go to circling workshops.
- I recently became active in Toastmasters.
- I read many books (see this page for my favorites)
- I used to play boardgames (Dominion, PowerGrid, Ticket to Ride, etc), typically at SF Games.
- I spend a good deal of time speculating on the stock market.
- I used to ski and snowboard in Vail.
- I used to windsurf, and kayak (class III, sometimes class IV rivers).
- I played a lot of chess, bridge, spades, and poker in the past.
- I've done a little bit of caving with the San Francisco Bay Chapter of the National Speleological Society.
- Some old links to Interesting People,
and Frivolous Subjects.
- Some old lists of interesting quotes:
- An old essay.
If you find profiles on other dating sites, they're probably quite out of date.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS d-(!d) s a C++(C++++) UL/US++ P++ L++ E+ W++ N+++ !o K++ w-- !O M- V--
PS+++ PE+++ Y+ PGP+ t+ 5+ X- R- tv b++ DI- D? G+ e+++ h+ r-- y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Last updated 2019-01-02