I don't update this page very often. For my recent opinions, see the
book review section of my blog,
or my reviews on Goodreads (mostly the same as on my blog, but includes opinions on some books that aren't good enough to be mentioned on my blog).
I have some older reviews on Amazon, but I've stopped writing book reviews there because of the severe restrictions on links and other html features.
I have a nearly complete list of the books I own (not updated frequently),
produced via Delicious Library.
Also, an older list produced via DeliciousExporter.
You can see it in different ways via my LibraryThing profile, and even compare it to yours if you set up an account there.
- Poul Anderson, Avatar, The Rebel Worlds, Earthman's Burden
- Robert Heinlein, Methuselah's Children
- Vernor Vinge, True Names & Other Dangers
- Charles Platt, The Silicon Man
- Lois McMaster Bujold, Falling Free
- Hans Moravec, Mind Children
- Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler, Gravitation
- Frank Tipler and John Barrow, The Anthropic Cosmological Principle
- Geoffrey Miller, The Mating Mind
- David Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom
- Lawrence Lessig, The Future of Ideas: The Fate of the Commons in a Connected World
- Adam B. Jaffe and Josh Lerner, Innovation and Its Discontents :\ How Our Broken Patent System is Endangering Innovation and Progress, and What \to Do About It
- F. A. Hayek, Law, Legislation, and Liberty
- Thomas Sowell, Knowledge and Decisions
- Joseph Schumpeter, Business Cycles
- Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit
- Judith Rich Harris, The Nurture Assumption
- Judea Pearl, Causality
- Eric Baum, What Is Thought?
++++++++++++++++++++ Honorable Mentions +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- Greg Egan, Permutation City
- B.A. Huberman (ed), Ecology of Computation
- William H. Calvin, The Ascent of Mind: Ice Age Climates and the Evolution of
- Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct
- Jared Diamond, Guns, Germs, and Steel
- Daniel Dennett, Consciousness Explained
- Alexander Tabarrok (ed), Entrepreneurial Economics: Bright Ideas from the Dismal Science
- Robert Ellickson, Order Without Law
- Robert Axelrod, The Evolution of Cooperation
- Jim Rogers, Investment Biker
- Robert Shiller, Irrational Exuberance (review)
- Mancur Olson, The Rise and Decline of Nations (review)
- Annalee Saxenian, Regional Advantage (review)
- Howard Baetjer, Software as Capital (review)
- Terence Kealey, The Economic Laws of Scientific Research
- David Brin, The Transparent Society (review)
- Lewis Hyde, The Gift: Imagination and the Erotic Life of Property(review)
- Robert Frank, Luxury Fever (review)
Last updated 2018-03-20.